Actual Memory – Dog Attack:
In this section of the post, I will attempt to breakdown evidence and/or psychological assessment of the information or situations posted above. I will attempt to look at the situations from a pro-believer standpoint as well as from an alternative or scientific perspective.
Mind control and ritual abuse believers often base their arguments on the cornerstone of induced trauma to "split" the mind of their victim. For those individuals who debate this hotly contested subject, this post should provide some interesting insight for there can be no disagreement that life-altering trauma occurred during this time of my life. What I feel is pertinent to debate and understand is the essence of my memories during this time frame and their reliability. For certain, these are NOT "recalled memories." These are memories that I have retained my entire life. So what does that say for the argument of their reliability? What does that say for the question of what they mean in regards to the mind control and ritual abuse question? Was I simply a victim of depraved circumstance? Or is there the beginnings of a bigger pattern here?
Pro-Believer Traits & Evidence:
- "dog attack" story does not add up. Even forgetting the fact that I don't remember how I arrived in that clearing, especially alone....as a child, I was incredibly skinny and scrawny. The "attack" happened when I was 5 yrs old. According to the story I was told, there were 4 dogs involved. I clearly remember many dogs but not an exact count. All of my injuries (and subsequent scars that I carry to this day) are below my knees with the exception of ONE puncture wound to my jugular vein on my neck. When considering the amount of bodily surface area of a small, skinny child, it seems highly unlikely that numerous dogs would only cause injuries to that small area. Add to this question that any easy internet search of similar dog attacks on children clearly indicate that these animals are most likely to attack the face and neck. I had none of these injuries. Except the puncture wound to my neck. But only one wound with no corresponding "bites" or teeth marks in the area? Very improbable in my opinion. Then there is the question of how I seemingly "lost" my pants & underwear but not the rest of my clothing? And the appearance of the teenage boy who I never recall seeing before or again? Even more puzzling is that, despite the horrific alleged attack, I never developed a fear of dogs.
- re-traumatizing at the kennel and by the "judge"
- threat of losing a beloved pet if I didn't "answer as expected."
- German Sheppard named "Demon"
- possible induced trauma at the hospital.
- loss of close childhood friend who may have experienced co-traumas
- prominent presence of Disney books and movies which large amounts of time spent "studying" them.
- sexual abuse by family member
- "stories" of family history that do not correspond to my actual memories
I clearly remember the dogs knocking me down and pulling at my legs, even if I do not recall the actual biting into my flesh. Psychologists claim that "repressing this type of trauma" is very normal and natural for a child of that age. Could "repressed memories" possibly explain the sketchiness of my memories?
As for the sexual abuse from my uncle Sam, it is well known among family that he is a serial pedophile. He has never been arrested for his crimes and it is unknown exactly how many children he may have molested. Therefore, his abuse of me as a child may have constituted nothing more than simple opportunity.